At the Imaging Center of Augusta ENT, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer our patients a high level of convenience and affordability.
Our state-of-the-art computed tomography (CT) scan works by utilizing a rotating x-ray device along with a digital computer to capture detailed cross-sectional and three dimensional images of body tissues and organs. The machine captures these images in sections that resemble slices of bread, allowing clinicians to see the entire surface of a single section. Combined, all of these sections produce a three-dimensional image.
Patients should wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes for their CT appointment. They will be asked to remove any articles of clothing or jewelry that might degrade the CT images; in some cases, patients may be asked to wear a gown.
- Brain/Head with contrast – No solid foods for four hours before exam. Clear liquids may be consumed.
- Brain/Head without contrast – No preparation is required.
- Chest/Thorax – No solid foods for four hours before exam. Clear liquids may be consumed.
- Neck (soft tissue) – Nothing to eat or drink for four hours prior to exam.
- Sinuses – No preparation is required.
- Temporal Bone (ear) – Nothing to eat or drink for four hours prior to exam if contrast is used.
Imaging Center Locations
The Imaging Center operates at the Augusta and Evans locations.
The hours are as follows: